New Record Broken Again!

Taken from our English friends at the Chile Foundry here is their link to the story:

Australian Chile seed grower Neil from Hippyseeds Pepper Company, who has been a YouTube sensation with his super hot Chile pepper eating and my inspiration to use YouTube for ILoveItSpicy now claims to have the new record. He is reporting on his Twitter page to have a Trinidad Scorpion pepper that has tested over 1.46 million Scoville units. This surpasses the Naga Viper which was over 1.3 million. The Nada Viper didn’t have the record a month before this new claim. This Trinidad Scorpion strain is called the “Butch T” Scorpion named after “Feast Your Eyes on This” contestant and Zydeco Hot Sauce owner, Butch Taylor. Congrats to Neil and to Butch T with his connection to this pepper. Here is Neil’s Twitter page:

Tags: , , ,

64 Comments

• At March 23, 2011 12:03 am, justin said:

I’d love to try it but my favorite will always be the fattali.

• At March 23, 2011 12:15 am, The Machine said:

I will grow quite a few Fatalis also.I have a lot of seeds of them.If you need a few shoot me a message. sasesp at hotmail dot com is my email

• At March 23, 2011 1:49 pm, justin said:

Will do, I have 6 sprouts now that are doing great but they Re really the only thing that is so if the others don’t come up I could use a few more. I’m on my phone now but I will email you after work. Thanks.

• At March 23, 2011 12:14 am, The Machine said:

Ryan,buddy if you don’t have good luck with your scorpions let me know.If I’m having a good crop ill hook you up with some buddy.I’m always out to help a chilehead friend in need.I am hoping for a huge year this year.I am hoping for atleast 20 + scoprion plants minimum.I may have some extra scorp seeds shoot me your address on Fb I’ll send you some and maybe a couple other little goodies. :)

• At March 24, 2011 11:45 pm, justin said:

Sorry I never got around to sending that, a few more seeds are starting to sprout so I think I will be good, thanks for the offer though I really appreciate it. Maybe we can trade recipes or something.

Reply ]
        • [...] According to a comment in this post from Butch he originally acquired the seeds from a seed bank and they had been sent to that bank by [...]

• At March 26, 2011 9:43 am, Buddah said:

From the website of the above comment:

The pictures are some of the best I have seen of the Trinidad Scorpion peppers. There are also some videos as well, including Hippyseed Neil. Check it out.

• At March 27, 2011 1:36 am, The hot chilli chef said:

THanks to Butch and Niel for getting those superhot chilliseeds to oz so I was able to grow them and get them tested Thanks to all Marcel The hot chilli chef

• At March 27, 2011 4:25 pm, Buddah said:

Thanks for stopping by Marcel. Give our best to Neil and friends.

• At March 27, 2011 1:37 am, The hot chilli chef said:

:racecar:

• At March 27, 2011 1:41 am, The hot chilli chef said:

Btw if you Butch ever come to oz make sure you come and stay

• At March 28, 2011 12:23 pm, Mark said:

Way to go Jim! Hope he will “fade away”, far away! :bike:

• At March 28, 2011 12:35 pm, Mark said:

Far, far away!

• At March 29, 2011 11:01 am, Gerald said:

Hi Machine, can you let me know when you bought the sauce so we can find out what has been going on. All we can come up with is a labelling mistake as the sauce of 15 minute burn is in the same size bottle as the naga viper. Give me your order details and I will get a fresh bottle of naga viper in the post.

Gerald

• At March 29, 2011 6:41 pm, Njchilehead said:

Hey guys,

I wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I’ve been asked to come by the site and check out these posts! I’m glad that the Trinidad Scorpion made it as far as it has, and I am glad that everyone is enjoying it so much! I knew that there were many out there with a passion for the pod but I want to say that I think it’s really cool that folks are buzzing so much about these peppers. I hope that some day you all get to try the Scotch Bonnet, TFM strain as well, I found these at the Trenton Farm Market (hence TFM) and sent them around some time ago (around the same time as the scorpion). While they are not as hot as the Trinidad Scorpion, they are absolutely delicious. Best wishes to you guys!

Mark in NJ

• At March 29, 2011 10:02 pm, CaJohn said:

What exit? Do you run with scissors?

• At March 29, 2011 10:10 pm, Buddah said:

I think you are thinking of the wrong Mark from NJ. I chatted with him the other day. That guy is Exit 109.

• At March 30, 2011 9:03 am, CaJohn said:

Just Checking…

• At March 31, 2011 3:21 am, Jim Duffy said:

Just checking CaJohn?? Or is your memory fading in and out. Maybe you need to mix some Geritol with your Hot Sauce dude! Hahahahahahaha!

• At April 14, 2011 11:16 am, Capitone said:

Hey Mark, I’ve been looking for TFM seeds! That’s one SB I haven’t gotten my hands on. One THP member sent me some of his from a previous harvest, but he admits they may have crossed with other pepper types. You know where one can get pure stock? I’ve seen a few foreign sites with em but you know how that goes. If you could point me in the right direction it be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Capitone

• At April 14, 2011 9:59 pm, Buddah said:

Welcome to ILIS Capitone. I am not sure if Mark is watching this thread or not. I hope someone comes along with some help for you.

• At March 31, 2011 10:02 am, CaJohn said:

Duffy, I know that you are not in need of Ex-Lax…

• At March 31, 2011 5:06 pm, Ryan Graub said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

• At March 31, 2011 8:52 pm, Jim Duffy said:

Yes I know I talk a lot of crap John. I really think you should come out with a line of Senior sauces. AARP Jolokia Blend, Grandpas Geritol Infused Habanero, Congo Black sauce and hair Tonic (eat it or comb into hair to get the gray out), CaJohns Cayenne Prostrate Rub (you won’t have any trouble peeing at night after rubbing this in)and finally “Over 70 Sauce” It comes with a nipple adapter so you can drink it straight while dentures are soaking!

• At March 31, 2011 9:56 pm, CaJohn said:

Thank you for your wish list. I had no idea you suffered from so many maladies Jim. I think you should see a doctor instead. You can always eat your chiles after doseing. I wish you luck!

• At April 1, 2011 1:04 am, Jim Duffy said:

:surrender:

• At April 14, 2011 1:22 pm, Tim Bader said:

Jim, well said. The T Scorpion seeds I got from you have germinated and the plants look great. Looking forward to trying this pepper.

• At April 23, 2011 11:11 am, JOHN GRANT said:

love this page ,, Im from British Columbia Canada and would love to try these seeds , please let me know were to get some !!

• At April 23, 2011 11:13 am, Buddah said:

Welcome John. John, click the “Refining Chiles” banner to the left, and you can start there. I passed along your request to Jim Duffy.

• At April 24, 2011 5:41 am, Ryan Graub said:

I wish. I checked Jim’s site and he is “out of stock”. I would like to get my hands on some too.

• At June 6, 2011 11:23 pm, yoxx said:

I would love to try these seeds, does anybody have it?

• At June 7, 2011 3:35 am, Buddah said:

Yoxx, click the web banner to the left called “Refining Fire Chiles”. There might still be plants, if not then you might want its brother the Moruga Scorpion. It also tested hotter than the ghost chile.

• At June 7, 2011 9:56 am, Scott Roberts said:

Jim told me yesterday that he still had some Trinidad Scorpions left. I would jump on it and get ‘em while you can, yoxx.

• At July 1, 2011 12:42 pm, valerie ramirez said:

STOP THE PRESS!!!!COMING REAL SOON A PEPPER FROM TRINIDAD AGAIN THAT WILL BREAK THE SCORPION RECORD…1.6SHU…STAY TUNED FOLKS

• At July 1, 2011 1:10 pm, Buddah said:

No details Valerie? Moruga? Chocolate T.S.? By the way, welcome to ILIS.

• At July 3, 2011 8:33 pm, Scott Roberts said:

My guess is that it’s another hoax, like the Purple Naga or the guy from Taiwan with the Chilli Museum.

• At July 2, 2011 2:35 am, jim duffy said:

Dear valerie, unlessit is tested by multiple labs multiple times it is not a record for a new variety. It might be a record test but that’s all it will be which means absolutely nothing to those that buy quantity of chiles to make their products. This bs of a new record every couple of months might as well be as credible as those that say elvis is still alive. What amazes me is the gullibilty of people that believe in all the hype. Bosland set the standard and now everyone goes around it. Wonder why? I will tell u why because cheating and circumventing things is easier for people to do. People by nature don’t. Care about character or ethics. And paul bosland is a man of character. Until a test is done the way he does it it means nothing! Only reason I believe in the scorpion is I had two labs do multiple tests and it did come close to 1,400,000. I have said my peace and I stand by my statements.

• At July 2, 2011 7:38 am, Buddah said:

Take a deep breathe Jim. You can’t change the world by getting all uppity.

• At July 2, 2011 11:00 am, FIREHEAD THOMAS said:

At this point, what’s a few hundred scoville units between friends? :_dancingdevil:

• At July 3, 2011 2:35 am, Jim Duffy said:

Why not a 5 minute hug between friends Thomas?

• At August 4, 2011 10:47 am, Abstimmungen said:

Meinungen…

New Record Broken Again! « I Love It Spicy!…

• At January 13, 2012 11:34 am, kris said:

that pepper is really hot and is used by the locals here a lot. I had an uncle who would lay it out in bread and eat it as is like a sandwich. I am from Trinidad that pepper taste really good in “chow”.

• At January 14, 2012 7:57 am, Buddah said:

Thanks for stopping by Kris and given us some inside info on the chile. Welcome to ILIS.

• At January 16, 2012 4:51 pm, BARON PETER DIXON BA said:

THIS IS A GREAT SITE IM CURRANTLY GROWING 25 DIFF VARITES OF CHILLI AND THE SCORPIAN IS ONE OF THEM

• At January 16, 2012 5:09 pm, Buddah said:

thanks Baron. Welcome to ILIS.

• At January 16, 2012 4:51 pm, BARON PETER DIXON BA said:

:splode:

• At January 29, 2012 9:38 pm, Eva said:

Hey chili lovers!

I’m from Holland and i’ve had 3 butch T seeds but they all three died on me! :sad: i;ve cried all day…

• At January 29, 2012 9:48 pm, Buddah said:

Welcome Eva. Sorry you had bad luck with your seeds. Try the web banner on the left called Refining Fire Chiles, and see what Jim can hook you up with.

• At January 29, 2012 9:39 pm, Eva said:

:splode:

• At October 19, 2012 9:24 am, Lee said:

Dont eat the Butch T. My mate grew me one and made me eat it whole. i told him repeatedly i wasnt stupid enough to eat the worlds hottest chilli but one evening drunk i decided to give it a go. I swallowed it straight away thinking i could avoid the burn but I spent the next hour feeling extremely ill. My head was spnning, I was sweating, my insides felt like they were rotting away, tears streaming down my face, and then after about an hour, i threw it up and felt fine! Never doing again and would never recomment it but at least I can say i have.

• 14 old comments are not displayed. Click to display all comments
                                                                (Required)
                                                                (Required, will not be published)

Extra Goodies and Comment Enhancers:

Smilies:

Upload Files

© 2011 I Love It Spicy. All Rights Reserved.