Spicy Product Makers Round Table – Part 1

Spicy_Makers_Roud_Table_photoshop

Whilst gathered at CaJohn’s Flavor & Fire Headquarters in Westerville, Ohio for the Fiery Food Festival Weekend at the North Market, I got a chance for a special interview. This special interview was with some of the faces in our great chilehead community. Since we had much fun over the years with the Bloggers Round Table, I thought it would be great to do a similar version with a select crew of our various award winning sauce makers. This is the 1st of 2 videos in which I get to ask some topical questions to this panel of hot sauce makers. To add to the discussion, there had been some drinking going on which only added to the conversation as you will soon find out. There is quite a bit of profanity, so please be aware of this before starting the video when surrounded by those easily offended. The discussion deteriorates pretty fast between part 1 and part 2 as you will soon find out as the liquor starts to kick in with some of the makers. Our round table existed of Jeremy Walsh from Bigfats Hot Sauce, Ed Bucholtz from Born to Hula Hot Sauce, Steve Seabury from High River Sauces, Chuck Evans from Montezuma Brand, Sauces & Salsas, Johnny McLaughlin from Heartbreaking Dawns and Joe Leicht from Flaming Joe’s, Inc. A big thanks to them all for giving us the time to do this. As well as a huge thanks to CaJohn for letting us use his place and private meeting room to house it in.

I will post part 2 tomorrow at 7pm est. If some of you other spicy product makers would like to do one of these at the NYC Hot Sauce Expo or perhaps at Bowers in September, I am sure we can do another one or two. The more the merrier since there are so many great spicy product makers out there. Enjoy the round table! There will be the occasional shaky camera, but it will be steady most of the time. Also, you will note another camera crew here and there. They are filming something very special for one of our own in the community, and I am not sure I am allowed to mention more than that at this time.

Tags: , , ,

7 Comments

• At February 26, 2014 8:05 pm, FIREHEAD THOMAS said:

Buddah, your sound cuts out at 18:46

Reply ]
    • At February 26, 2014 8:24 pm, Buddah said:
      Profile photo of Buddah

I am not sure what happened in the rendering, but I will render it again, (takes about 4 hours), and repost it on YouTube and replace the present one. Although the sound goes out for a little bit, it still backs up eventually. Thanks for letting me know.

Reply ]
    • At February 27, 2014 3:17 am, Buddah said:
      Profile photo of Buddah

Video is now fixed.

Reply ]
      • At February 27, 2014 8:40 am, Dean Sweet said:

It’s stating ‘the video has been removed.’?

Reply ]
        • At February 27, 2014 8:40 am, Dean Sweet said:

and now it’s working… thanks!

Reply ]
          • At February 27, 2014 8:36 pm, Brian Meagher said:

Awesome job, Buddah. You posed some great questions.
            There was so much talent in that room, with some very good answers.

Marilyn and I thoroughly enjoyed Part 1.

Reply ]
            • At February 28, 2014 3:27 am, Buddah said:
              Profile photo of Buddah

I am both glad you did. I hope I can do it again with other makers in the near future. Getting to know the makers in this candid setting, I think is a good thing for all involved.

Reply ]
                (Required)
                (Required, will not be published)

Extra Goodies and Comment Enhancers:

Smilies:

Upload Files

© 2011 I Love It Spicy. All Rights Reserved.